Friday, May 16, 2008

tHIs LiST iS MiNe

“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens… … … I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feel so bad.”

I saw some children laughing at the playground today, and this familiar tune rang in my head. Remembering “The Sound of Music” always makes me smile quietly to myself. The escapades of a runaway nun-to-be and seven children raised to be little soldiers, what more potent combination could we get?

So I made up a list of my favourite things too:

- rainbow after a light shower
- Oreo cookies with milk (and Baileys!)
- fairies and unicorns
- waking up smiling from happy dreams
- snuggling in bed with a book (on a cold day!)
- the smell of freesias
- a meal with friends
- nose kisses with dogs and head-butts from cats
- a handwritten letter in the snail mail
- watching “The Sound of Music”
- ballerinas fluttering on their tiptoes

- dressing up for a glam night out
- orang utans!

What are your favourite things?

No comments: