Sunday, May 11, 2008

dOWn & uP

Imagine the rush of letting your bicycle carry you down a slope with your hands off the handle-bars. Imagine the exhilaration as you leap off the plane in that moment between free-falling and opening your parachute. Imagine the adrenalin pumping as the roller-coaster tumbles and rumbles over razor-sharp bends.

Today I saw a little boy cruise down a slope on his bicycle, with his hands in the air, jubilant at having conquered the world. And it reminded me of something. Before being able to let your hands go, before being able to leap off the plane, before being able to swoosh down on a roller-coaster, you need to first find your way up.

Some people reach the summit without much effort. Some people struggle to get to the top. And some people just take it in their stride.

Perhaps, it is a matter of relativity. Or perhaps, it is a matter of ability.

I know I have it in me to reach those peaks in my life, even after I have hit ground zero.

No comments: