Friday, May 23, 2008

RanTiNG aT tHE sUn

It is so hot these days an egg could cook if you cracked it onto the hood of a car under the sun. That, and it takes roughly 5 ice-cubes to cool my drink from room temperature to a moderately cool refreshment.

The heat compels certain changes in my habits. I perspire so much when I’m out that face towels are now acquiring permanent residency in my bag. I go through 2-3 changes of clothes daily because they get drenched every time I return home from a trip out. My daily activities are limited to a not-more-than-5-feet-away-distance from 3 key electrical appliances: the fan, the aircon, and the refrigerator. And staying hydrated has never taken such high priority in my life-list.

So I realise I don’t function very well in hot conditions. It slows me down. The rate of atrophy increases exponentially as the day wears on. And the humidity frazzles both my nerves, and my hair. Have you ever noticed how oily your nose gets when it’s all hot and humid?

It is times like these that make me wish I were an Eskimo living in an igloo. Or perhaps not.

No comments: