Tuesday, May 13, 2008

i Am nO GoD

I’ve been doing a fair bit of reflection these couple days… (I tend to have this brooding mood that hits me every now and then). This time, I have been reflecting on the concept of making mistakes. And it is interesting how the realization unfolded before me, like walking through a long dark tunnel and then seeing light at the end.

Making mistakes is part of human nature. It is like our physiological need to eat, to sleep. Making mistakes is part of our human condition. From the perspective of a perfectionist like me, this is disturbing. I don’t like to make mistakes. But to deny this glaring truth is to deny the very essence of my own being.

Knowing this brings with it a sense of relief. I don’t have to keep up with the pretense of being the goody-two-shoes all the time. I don’t have to grovel for acceptance from my friends, because they love me for who I am. I don’t have to worry about being wrong and making mistakes because we all make mistakes, silly mistakes, dumb mistakes. They come in all shapes and forms.

And you know what? That’s OK.

No comments: