- To be human is to be religious.
- To be religious is to be mindful.
- To be mindful is to pay attention.
- To pay attention is to sanctify existence.
- Rituals are one way in which attention is paid.
- Rituals arise from the stages and ages of life.
- Rituals transform the ordinary into the holy.
- Rituals may be public, private, or secret.
- Rituals may be spontaneous or arranged.
- Rituals are in constant evolution and reformation.
- Rituals create sacred time.
- Sacred time is the dwelling place of the Eternal.
- Haste and ambition are the adversaries of sacred time.
Is this so?
(from From Beginning To End: The Rituals Of Our Lives by Robert Fulghum)