Sunday, March 2, 2008

BirD & wORm

Come night, and I feel more awake than I do in the day. There’s something special about sitting alone, late into the night, thinking, writing. The air turns cool. The noises of the day quiet down. Humanity is able to breathe a collective sigh of relief.

At night, the ideas come trotting out easier. It’s almost as if everything that happened through the day gets sifted through my subconscious. And in the night, the answers, the learnings, the experiences, they settle into me.

In the night, the world seems different. Kinder, less harsh. Blemishes are hidden. You do not see the filth, the hunger, the bad people. Darkness confers an uneasy similitude to the world. Grudges are erased. Fights are forgotten.

They say, the early bird gets the worm. I think I’ll pass on the worm, thanks.

No comments: