Tuesday, April 10, 2007

sHorTcUt

Was trying to beat the rain on my way home from the MRT. So I took a shortcut by crossing the big field. Because I remember my mum telling me, “The diagonal is the shortest distance between two points.” (I’m reminded of Pythagoras’ Theorem although I don’t think this has anything to do with it… I just want to show off that I know this thing called the Pythagoras’ Theorem.)

The rain didn’t hold, unfortunately (blame it on the short legs). I got soaking wet. And muddy feet from walking through the field.

If only I had kept to the original route I take every day, I would only have gotten soaking wet (and I managed to get a copy of Today today, so I would probably only have gotten mildly wet.).

No muddy feet to deal with. Sigh.

Don’t take the shortcut. You’ll never know what you missed by taking it.

No comments: