Friday, April 20, 2007

fiRSt oUtiNG

Today is the first day I brought Roger out. And I was anxious.

Maybe this is how mothers feel when they bring their babies out the first time. The preparations she needs to make… mentally, logistically, practically.

Like how I shopped around in multiple places before I found a suitable overall for Roger. Like how I fed Roger full and let him rest early last night so that he would be ready for today. Like how, when we were out, I kept checking on him to reassure myself that everything is OK.

It’s a challenge. This constant nagging fear. This nervous energy that is trapped inside. So much tension. Like how two marbles collide and spin off in opposite directions.

We spent 7 hours out and now we’re on our way home. Roger sits quietly on my lap. Listening to my tortured rantings.

He didn't cry. Neither did I.

Roger is the best ThinkPad I could ever have asked for.

No comments: