Wednesday, April 4, 2007

hANgOveR

She said it’s like a hangover.

I feel it’s like riding on a roller coaster, blindfolded.

She said it takes time.

I feel it’s taking forever.

Hangovers aren’t nice. Neither are roller coasters, blindfolded or not. The last time I took a roller coaster was when I was 7(?), in Genting, and I did not like the experience. I can’t remember the last time I had a hangover, though. But I remember desperately crawling for that handful of panadols in a world that had seemed to invert itself upside-down (or inside-out, depending on how you look at it).

Today the cocktail is geared up a notch with a new addition. She goes by the name of Amitriptyline (it’s a little difficult to know when to round off the first syllable… Ami-trip? Amit-rip?... yes, it does make a difference.).

It’s all about control. And losing that control.

Learning when it is OK to let go. That it is OK to let go.

I want the hanging-over to stop!! And don’t take your time.

No comments: