Wednesday, April 11, 2007

MidDLe RoAD

Wounds heal over leaving scars. If you pick at the scabs too early, the wounds re-open.

A body at rest for long periods will atrophy over time. If you work it too intensely, the mind may react by going into a manic frenzy.

Stroking the cat’s fur is quietly therapeutic. If you pull at her tail too hard, she will snarl at you.

A little self-pity is comforting. If you cry too much, your nose gets all stuffed up and you can’t breathe properly.

Couple of hours of snooze is refreshing. If you sleep the whole day, you suffer a terrible headache after.

But I think a drug-free slumber is the best.

And contrary to what I see on TV, blood stains do wash off, in small blots at least.

These are some of the things I learnt over the past few weeks.

I like what my friend wrote: “in medio stats virtus”

In the middle lies the path of virtue.

No comments: