Friday, November 14, 2008

CoNfiDEntLY DouBtFuL

I have realized something interesting that happens during my ballet lessons. And it has something to do with the frame of mind in which I attend the lesson.

When I go into the lesson full of worry that my teacher will scold me, and that my classmates are all picking up so fast except me, I tend to have a wobbly lesson. My worries would prevent me from focusing and concentrating, so that I find it really difficult to execute the movements.

But when I go into the lesson with a light heart, wanting nothing but to be able to dance and express myself, I tend to have relatively good lessons. I trust that my body would have enough dance-sense to carry me through the lesson, and usually I do not do too badly.

Self-doubt, is a very powerful force.
.

No comments: