Sunday, June 14, 2009

pLAy

The sounds of children’s laughter fill the day. It is their school break, and the little ones can be found in the playground most of the time. It’s heartening in a way to hear their shrills of joy, and to watch them play.

I am reminded of when I was little. I wasn’t very much involved (interested?) in the playground. Being a prissy little girl, I found the playground rough and difficult to navigate. The potential for falling down and getting dirty was very real. I preferred more docile activities like playing 5-stones and exploring the school grounds trying to look for some mystery to solve. Games like zero-point and the monkey bars scared me.

If I had the chance to do it all over again though, I would run with the wind and climb the highest trees. I would take a few more chances and fall down many more times.

Then perhaps, I wouldn’t have failed my physical fitness test all the years I was in school.
.

No comments: