Thursday, June 14, 2007

LaDYbiRd

Long time ago, in another life, a ladybird lay basking in the sun. Her shiny red coat set off the black polka-dots beautifully. And she looked so serene, like a lady-in-waiting.

I think ladybirds are such perfectly balanced creatures. I love the blood red of their wings, the deep ebony of the polka-dots, the symmetry of their bodies, dancing the dance of life.

I held a ladybird in my hand the other day, and I dream, one day when I own a Volkswagon Beetle, I'm gonna paint it just like a ladybird. And I would be very happy driving around in my ladybird lookalike car.

Perhaps it is because I grew up reading Peter and Jane stories from Ladybird. That's why the ladybird fascinates me.

So long time ago, in another life, I held a Ladybird in my hand, and it taught me to see the world.

No comments: