Wednesday, June 13, 2007

tHe CoLoUR bRoWn

Brown reminds me of hot chocolate, dark wood, and hash browns.

Brown reminds me of autumn leaves, dried blood, and coffins.

Brown is a sad colour. Some colours make you happy, like yellow and orange. But brown is one of those colours that makes me feel sad. And today feels like a sad day. Today feels like a brown day. Today feels like a brown and sad day where all I want and can do is to crawl into bed and hope to sleep.

Yet I like the colour brown. For it is the colour of nature, the very land we stand on. And I think of all the people who have died and been laid to rest in the ground, under this brown soil. Some of these people, I still mourn.

The colour brown, it makes me sad. I wonder if there is a colour that makes you feel sad too?

No comments: