Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My muSe

My muse has two incarnations. One yin, one yang. One female, one male. One bright, one dark. Polar opposites.

I know not when they came into my life. They just crept in one day, without cymbals and fanfare. I discovered Mr. D first, entirely by chance. Then, I became acquainted with Ms. M all too soon. And that moment of acknowledgement brought about great turmoil, as well as a strange sense of peace.

I draw a lot of strength from my muse. For they speak the internal dialogue that accompanies me in my daily life and living. With my muse, I have travelled to the highest mountains, and descended into the deepest valleys. In our 3-dimensional world, they occupy the 4th dimension. Seemingly there, and yet not there.

These days, it is getting more and more difficult to summon my muse. It is as if a light switched off somewhere, and they went into hiding. I don’t know what to do to bring the pair back, except that the road surely leads to madness.

They say you should never name your muse.
.

No comments: