Saturday, February 20, 2010

LonG dAYs

The days are really long. Too long, in fact. I spend a lot of time sitting and staring out into space. As if willing something to appear before my eyes. Something that would occupy me, possibly consume the whole of my being. The initial enthusiasm at leaving home to pursue my studies has been abruptly and rudely dampened. And they say first impressions last.

The longer I sit having nothing to do, the more I start doubting my own ability to be a student again. I look around at the fresh young teens straight from high school, and I am reminded of how old I am in comparison to them. Not that I am embarrassed about my age or anything. It’s just that knowing I am almost twice the age of some of them can be a rather sobering epiphany.

I am having a terrible headache from sleeping too much.
.

No comments: