Thursday, July 3, 2008

ParTy AwaY

I had a theme party for my 21st birthday bash. It was a dessert party, and the theme was Hawaiian. I was studying in New Zealand at that time, and my housemates all gamely helped with the preparations, from decorating, to making desserts, to picking songs, to dressing up. I had a bunch of people over, dressed in the coolest Hawaiian fashion, and it was great fun.

I had another theme party when I turned 30. It was a dessert party as well, and the theme was Candy. I made welcome drinks and gave out cupcakes and lollipops as party favours. This time, my family stepped in to help with the preparations. I had a bunch of friends over, dressed as candies, and it was great fun.

I like theme parties. I like things that have themes. I like the idea that everyone is participating in an event with a common goal in mind. I remember making my team-mates dress in one colour or another to come to office on our casual Fridays. We tried pink, red, green, white, polka dots, and it was great fun.

So, let’s do blue this Friday?

No comments: