Tuesday, April 22, 2008

tImE tO grOw oLd

When I got married, I walked down the aisle with my father beside me, and Pachelbel's Canon playing in the background. It was one of my favourite tunes then, and still is now. There is something about the rhythm, the tone, the whole flow of the piece that makes my soul want to soar up into the sky.

Music moves me in that strange and mysterious way. Sometimes, it is the tune that catches me. Other times, the words speak to me. Often, I pretend I am the person in the song and in that sense, the music encapsulates who I am (or perhaps it is more accurate to say I try to mould myself to fit into the song).

So when I watched the movie “Music and Lyrics”, that was for me in some sense the ultimate dream come true (not for me, but for Alex Fletcher and Sophie Fisher at least). If only life was just so simple.

I still believe in fairy tales though. I still dream about a happily-ever-after. And I am still waiting for my fairy godmother to appear and whisk me off in a pumpkin-turned-coach.

Time. It passes. And I know I have definitely grown older (wrinkles and eye-bags notwithstanding).

But am I any the wiser? Your guess is as good as mine!

No comments: