Saturday, November 10, 2007

ThOUghTs & wORds

I love to think. In a myriad thousand ways. I love to ponder. I love to reminisce. I love to roll a thought around in my head. I love the adrenalin rush of a good idea that pops up out of nowhere. I love the stable familiarity of logic and reasoning. I love my grey matter.

I love words. I am good with words. I love the way words come together to create sentences. I love the way my head can string together sentences into beautiful paragraphs. I love the way my head can weave together stories. I love the interplay and juxtaposition of word against word. Your word, or mine?

It’s a terrible curse to be struck with an overactive imagination and have the knack for words. Because I think so much I forget to live. More often than not, I would have thought through a particular situation rather than actually live in that moment.

My friend calls it “mental masturbation”… and how apt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think and your English.