Friday, November 16, 2007

fAiRy tALes

The problem with fairy tales is that they always end happily ever after. But it doesn’t happen this way in reality. Not in my reality anyway. We could be happy, perhaps for a while. But we don’t have the concept of an ever after. It’s like our puny minds stop at what was and what is, unable to process what is to come.

I imagine my life to be this dot in the space-time continuum. And this dot carries the baggage of my past, while trying to live in the present, but has no knowledge of the future. You see, I could possibly spend the rest of my life thinking and writing about life. But, it could be infinitely more exciting and rewarding to be actually living.

Read this quote from Henri-Frederic Amiel and it set me thinking (again)…

“You desire to know the art of living, my friend? It is contained in one phrase: make use of suffering.”

No comments: