Monday, November 5, 2007

dEciSiONs And InDeCiSioNS

So I have a choice between Option A or Option B.

Option A involves self-sacrifice, for the greater good of society (perhaps not so melodramatic). Option A involves denying myself some of the baser instincts that are in me. Option A requires me to give up that which I love.

Option B is about personal indulgence, for my own selfish happiness. Option B involves giving free rein to my human instincts, base or otherwise. Option B allows me to embrace that which I love.

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I –
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.” – (Robert Frost)

Is the road less traveled necessarily the best? What fool would knowingly choose the harder road?

And yet perhaps, we choose, so that we can live with the consequences.

No comments: