Thursday, July 12, 2007

hAve YouR cAKe & Eat iT

Co-existence. Is something I have been thinking about a lot these couple of days.

How things relate to one another. Like the interactions of colleagues in a company. Or the grooves of the gears fitting snugly together.

How we connect with one another. Like the friendships that last through the years. Or the precision of the changing of guards outside the palace.

The six degrees of separation. Which leaves us with 354 degrees of non-separation, of relation, of connection.

That sometimes, our choices do not have to be mutually exclusive. That sometimes, we can embrace the best of both worlds.

While my friend says she can peacefully co-exist with cockroaches, I can’t. But, I think I can peacefully co-exist with lizards, so long as they don’t go losing their flipping tails on me.

I guess the question is, “How big a heart do we have?” (Or perhaps, “How big an appetite do we have?”)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who thought things like this...I love your blogging style :)