Tuesday, March 23, 2010

tHE cLeANeR thE CuT

I was watching an episode of Grey’s Anatomy the other day, where I learned that if you have a severed limb, the chances of reconstructive surgery are much higher when it is a clean cut (as opposed to, I don’t know, a bad break with bone fragments?).

This is a very interesting bit of information, which I have been turning over in my mind for the past few weeks. Because I guess the same can be said for relationships as well – it is much better to have a clean break than to hold on to something that is messy and tenuous. Like sharing a pizza, where you want to make sure the piece you pick has been properly cut through rather than struggling with the whole platter of gooey cheese.

So I will be brave. I will let go and take the next step free-falling into the world.

No strings attached.
.

No comments: