Monday, August 10, 2009

rOcKY MoUntAinS hiGH

I have always loved being out in nature, with nature. It brings about within me a sense of peace. And it is often a time I enjoy communing with God. Where my running conversations about the world around me is halted, and I let the skies and the mountains, the water and trees, the flowers and butterflies talk to me.

So when I was up in the Rocky Mountains this morning, I was speechless. I hiked on 4 different trails, saw 3 lakes and 1 waterfall. It was an amazing experience. The beauty of water set against a backdrop of mountains speak to me of God’s love that is both gentle yet tough. The chipmunks that came begging for food speak to me of God’s sense of humour. And the many blue dragonflies I saw, they speak to me of God’s creative power.

It’s good to be back home again.
.

No comments: