Saturday, August 15, 2009

gOLdeN GatE bRiDGe

So I've been in San Francisco for the past few days. Despite the erratic foggy weather, it's a lovely city to be in. It feels very dynamic, because there is such a wide mix of people here from different countries and origins. Like the bustle of Chinatown leads into the casual sidewalks of little Italy in North Beach. And the hippie neighbourhood of Haight-Ashbury to the hip streets of the Mission.

We were driving on the Golden Gate Bridge just yesterday. The fog was hanging low and it felt like being in a dreamscape. And as soon as we were on the other side of San Francisco, the fog lifted. It was amazing.

One thing I love about travelling is the opportunity to see things that I don't see in my own home country. So I was in the redwood forest yesterday doing my hike, reveling in the abundance of nature. The trees so tall I couldn't see their tops.

And I remain fascinated.
.

No comments: