Sunday, April 19, 2009

bEtweEN GooD & gOoD

I recently discovered this quaint little café near my work place, and I’ve been recommending it to my friends. What I like about this café is the homely, slightly out-of-synch-with-the-outside-world kind of feeling. I also like the fact that part of their proceeds goes to helping the poor (in particular, the purchase of water purification tablets for those who were struck by Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar last year.)

One of my skeptical friends asked, “How can you be sure they are really donating the money?”

Another of my cynical friends said, “Well, they are only doing this to get more business, because the typical person likes to think they are doing good somehow, so they would patronize the shop more frequently.”

While I like to believe that every person is good – until proven otherwise.
.

No comments: