Sunday, September 7, 2008

sLeeP

Sleep is a very interesting phenomenon. We spend about a third of our lives sleeping. Or at least, I do. And still, I always wish I can sleep some more.

I like how sleep brings about a sense of comfort to the worn-out body. I like how sleep makes me feel safe. I like the tumbling into unconsciousness, like the mind is being switched off. But most of all, I like the promise of dreams.

Dreams are very important to me. For in dreams, I am able to do things that I am unable to do when I am awake. I can achieve milestones in my dreams that my normal waking self cannot. The limitless possibilities of dreams never fail to entice me. And dreams add colour to sleep. Sleeping without dreams is not good sleep in my books.

I love sleeping. And dreaming.

Good night!
.

No comments: