Tuesday, December 25, 2007

wOrLd-ViEws

I wonder, when our world-views started to develop and took shape and fell into place. Was there a moment when enlightenment dawned upon us? Or was it an amalgamation of experiences that informed us?

When did I learn the difference between good and bad? How did I come to know that killing is bad but forgiving is good? What gave me the tinted glasses, rose or otherwise, with which I see the world?

Once in a while, something comes along that challenges our beliefs, our values, our world-views, what we hold sacred. And suddenly, you lose your bearings. It is like the compass of life decided to malfunction, right at the juncture where you need it the most.

In situations like this, you have to re-evaluate your world-views, re-negotiate a new set of bearings, re-learn how to live.

So do I choose left, or right? I think I’ll just follow my nose.

No comments: