Sunday, January 17, 2010

sKiLLs

There are some skills I don’t remember picking up. Like how to clip the fingernails on my right hand with my left hand (I’m right-handed). Or brushing my teeth in the systematic way that I now brush my teeth (ten counts up, ten counts down for every tooth). Or even typing on the qwerty keyboard. Someone somewhere must have taught me, except that I have no recollection of those lessons.

Then there are some skills I probably won’t ever pick up. Like roller-skating. Or riding a bicycle. Basically, anything that involves me gliding in a near-frictionless environment is just not my cup of tea. This, despite the best efforts of my parents to try to make learning less painful by tying small pillows on my elbows and knees.

Don’t laugh, but I’m trying to fly.
.

No comments: