Saturday, September 19, 2009

i HavE a dREaM

I have always been a big believer in dreams, real or abstract. I remember being very moved by Martin Luther King’s “I have a dream” speech, and spent hours trying to memorise it.

I love it when I dream (when I’m sleeping). It gives me a sense of fulfillment, like it has been a sleep well slept. I dream of being with my favourite people. I dream of pirouettes and jetes across the stage. I dream of magic and mystery, stars and rainbows.

I love dreams (when I’m not sleeping). They give me a goal to work towards, an end for me to reach. I dream of getting my degree, helping the world, writing a book.

Dreaming while awake is a frightening contradiction.
.

1 comment:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I be havin dreams ov parrots an pieces of eight...
Today be bein Talk Like A Pirate Day an I be talkin likes a pirate awl day.
So be my crew ov Beary Pirate cutlasses, arrrrrrr!
Be yu a joynin in, or be yu swabbin the deks?
Arrr!
:@D