Wednesday, September 9, 2009

i AM bACk

Travelling alone is a very intense experience. The moments of absolute aloneness taught me many things. Being with me, myself and I can sometimes be trying. Being with me, myself and I can sometimes be comforting.

When I first decided to take this long vacation to the US, I didn’t really know what to expect. I never thought I would have the opportunity to travel so far for so long. I never thought I would travel so far for so long alone. I never thought I would be alone for the reasons that I am alone now. So this trip was in part a process of my healing as much as it was a journey of self-discovery.

For example, I discovered that:

1) Weather-wise, I can deal with heat better than I can deal with cold, so long as there is little or no humidity to tackle as well.

2) I can go for about 4 days without speaking to a single human being before I start feeling that I am going mad with the constant chatter in my head.

3) However much I complain about this constant chatter in my head, I actually quite enjoy the company of my own random thoughts.

4) One cup of coffee and one banana every morning ensures a very good flow for my digestive system.

Am I healed? Enough to move on to the next chapter of my life.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To travel alone requires lots of courage. The courage to face noone but yourself, to hear no others but yourself, and to come face to face with loneliness. Perhaps we should do this once in a while, to block out the noise and other immaterial distraction and hear our true voices once again.