Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bin THiS

I am stumped by the amount of rubbish we generate. Often within a matter of minutes. Like eating. The remnants we leave behind, not just crumbs from our meal, but the packaging that comes along with it. Which always seems more than the food itself.

Ever been to a picnic and found yourself with more bags of rubbish than bags of goodies you brought along? It’s a very interesting phenomenon. One that I haven’t been able to get my head around, except to accept it in mocking defeat.

Just looking through the 3 pieces of mail I received this morning. Ten over sheets of paper. Only one of which I need to keep. The rest? Trash. If trees had spirits, they would have sought redress many lifetimes ago. I am just an unwilling participant in this tree-killing game.

This blog, my poor attempt at saving Mother Earth.
.

No comments: