Saturday, July 18, 2009

DisNEylaNd

A friend asked if I had any agenda going to the US, or whether I was just going to wander around aimlessly. It’s an interesting question, one that I haven’t really thought about myself. I suppose to a lot of people, going so far away for almost 2 months, on a holiday, is just something they haven’t really thought about either.

It has been a long-time dream of mine, going to the US. For some reason, the country fascinates me. I love the diversity that is inherent in the place and the peoples. I love the idea of liberty and freedom for all. I, too, want to go in search of the big American dream.

They say perspectives change. And that change is the only constant. I wonder what happened to the Mickey and Minnie I met the first time I was in Disneyland almost 25 years ago.

*Shudders*
.

No comments: