Monday, March 16, 2009

MisSed OpPoRTuniTieS

I attended a cousin’s wedding some weeks back. Like all weddings, well-wishes came from all quarters for a fruitful and happy family life.

About 2 weekends ago, one of my good friends gave birth to her first-born son. Who is a little prince charming in his own right. And just last week, another good friend’s son turned two.

I am at the age where my friends are getting married, settling down, building their own families. A trying yet seemingly rewarding time. Life-changing, as I hear some of them say.

Her two handsome boys who call me “Aunty” in delight when I go visiting. The pretty little darling who calls me “Godma” when she sees me. Children singing steals my heart away.

Sometimes, I wonder, about the family I may have, the family I would have had.

And I realise, I am jealous.
.

No comments: