Thursday, February 5, 2009

Are YoU gaMe?

On my way to work every morning, I fight through throngs of people. Working professionals in their power suits. Housewives carrying their babies and grocery bags. Students with their casual laughter and chit-chat.

And as I stare at the sea of faces surrounding me, I wonder how they manage to put themselves together. I wonder how they find the strength to go on. I wonder how they know not to cave in.

The colleague who complains about her boss. The mother driven to wits’ end by her son. The classmate at loggerheads with the teacher. They want to give up, have to give up, should have given up. But they don’t. They say they want to give up but they don’t. Hypocrites, every single one of them. Hypocrites.

The games people play.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I for one is that hypocrite...I have to admit it...life is complicated *sigh*