Tuesday, December 2, 2008

diFfERenT LivEs

I have always wondered about the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Sometimes not without a smidgen of envy. If I didn’t have to worry about money, would my life be any different? If I had millions of dollars to my name, would my life be any better?

I have also realized, that it’s almost impossible for me to fathom the lifestyle of the rich and famous. We exist in such different social spheres it is like our lives will never collide. I will never hang out at the places the rich and famous hang out at. I will never have a common set of friends with the rich and famous. Our thoughts, our words, our very lives, are essentially different. Divorced one from the other.

I was at the supermarket the other day and I thought about whether the rich and famous would frequent places like that. What if they suddenly wanted to eat a peanut-butter and jam sandwich? Or perhaps, only escargot and truffles feature in their diet.

It is amazing, how different lives can be.
.

No comments: