Tuesday, December 23, 2008

C-o-U-R-a-G-e

I’m one for taking the easy way out. Sometimes when I’m tired, all I want to do is to curl up and sleep. To let the problem pass away. To let things be swept under the carpet. If ever a war was to happen in my lifetime, I reckon I would just lie there and wait to die. It’s too troublesome to try and scrape together a living. Or perhaps my instinct for survival is not well developed.

This morning, she asked me how I coped. I told her I try not to take things too seriously. I think from a distance, one can breathe easier. And it does not mean that when one is further away, the more one is dispassionate about what is going on. Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can see the way forward.

You must have the courage to pursue your happiness.
.

No comments: