Monday, October 8, 2007

fEAr

Fear is a strange and wild animal. It is a creature that roams mysteriously inside you. Sometimes, fear wears itself like a protective armour on you, keeping you safe from dangers unknown. Sometimes, fear rears its powerful head over you, making you do things you otherwise wouldn’t. Yet fear, is always so hard to grasp. At times irrational, at times logical. At times emotional, at times physical.

Fear, it is almost as if you can taste it in your cold sweat, feel it in your trembling tendons, see it in your eyes alight with fire, hear it in the pounding of your heart, hold it in your open arms.

What are you fearful of?

2 comments:

Nomad said...

funny how it sounds as if fear stands apart and is separate from you rather than the normal, "I feel fear... or fear grips me, make me sweat or fear paralyzes me. did you mean to write something in tribute to fear?

Fania Simon said...

"I wanted to live this life, so I divorced fear and married faith." `fania simon