Tuesday, May 15, 2007

tAkiNg fLiGhT

I sat on a big rock under a big tree in the big field near my house after my big jog today. Tried to tempt a stray mutt with my sweetest voice but she wouldn’t budge. So I spent my time investigating the terrain. Part of the field is muddy, part of the field is red clay, part of the field is overgrown with long grass, part of the field is bare.

Then I played with Tyger (a fat stray cat) and Ash (another fatter stray cat), until some kind soul came by to give them their evening feed.

And I realized, how much I love being out in the open.

Like there comes a moment in your jogging when there is nothing else in the world but just you, completely, totally, absolutely, focused, on the jogging. Lost, in the moment.

And I felt like I could jog forever, and perhaps even fly.

No comments: