Saturday, June 21, 2008

iT's NoT tHE SamE

I have a problem with surrogate mothers. Not personally, for I don’t know any. But I have a big problem with surrogate mothers who come from the same family. Read this newsbyte from US:

“A 52-year old woman has given birth to her own twin grandchildren after serving as a surrogate mother for her daughter and son-in-law.”

That bothers me. It bothers me a lot. Giving birth to one’s own grandchildren defies the law of nature. Imagine the child growing up with his family tree all screwed up. Imagine the child whose birth mother is also her grandmother, her mother also her sister. Screwed up, man, I tell you. Screwed up.

There are certain principles in life I cannot compromise, and this is one of them. I am unable to accept man messing around with nature. Sure, I have compassion and empathy for infertile couples who have tried their hardest to conceive. But I think getting my mother impregnated with my husband’s sperm is just plain wrong. Actually, that sounds disgusting.

I rest my case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very sick and sad especially when people would rather submit to their own will rather than God's will.