Sunday, August 12, 2007

My pATh

I have a fixed path that I walk every day to get to the train station.

On rainy days though, my route gets disrupted as I have to make detours to avoid getting wet.

Just last week, I was horrified to see that part of my fixed path has been blocked off for building a new playground.

And a week later, I am still disoriented at having to alter part of my route because of the construction works.

It made me think of life. You get so used to doing certain things in a certain way and you forget that there are actually alternatives to what you are used to doing.

Or maybe sometimes, the prospect of change is too frightening.

But on the new path, I have encountered many different and interesting things. Like the black cat that is forever asleep. And beautiful blossoms of flowers. And the sound of little kids playing and laughing.

Change, can be refreshing.

Walk out of your comfort zone and come experience the world.

No comments: